Monday, 16 May 2011

Star Wars : The Leaked Republic

BioWare’s Star Wars: The Old Republic is still far, far away from being your hands, but lucky members of the game’s official community have been initiated into the first wave of closed game testing this past weekend. You know what that means, right? Cue the leaks.
Courtesy of Leakerz.net comes some short snippets of in-game action, a look the bounty hunter and trooper classes, and a bit of menu navigation, as well as a slew of character creation screenshots. Sure you’ve seen the game in action multiple times so far via fancy, officially released material and developer/publisher sanctioned demos, but this is the real deal. Now it’s in the hands of fans. Get them while they’re hot, because EA isn’t likely to let this stay up for long; other beta media from The Old Republic hit YouTube days earlier and were yanked within mere hours.
Star Wars: The Old Republic us currently pegged for spring 2011, and testing is expected to extend to additional players as the months progress.

15 comments:

  1. I haven't been hearing too many good things about this game so far and to be honest, I see it going the way of the Star Trek MMO. Sure, it has a big following, but it will probably die rather quickly simply because of the niche following.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not too excited for this game really. I'll perhaps give it a shot whenever it offers a free trial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Bioware puts out the BEST games so it has to be good... please

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous, I really want to play this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds that this game is having lot of effort! Good to know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember playing kotor on my xbox for hours. Been a big fan since, Can't wait for this game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This game is gonna be HUGE, no doubt about it. +follow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, I hadn't heard of Leakerz before! As for Star Wars, the actual first three movies are all I care for - the MMORPG was a dud of the worst kind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a feeling this game won't be that good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait for this! Always wanted to try a MMORPG but none have really appealed to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I'm sure this will put a smile on a lot of nerd faces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. *drool* MMOs suck my life away, I don't know how I'm going to ignore this...

    ReplyDelete